CHURCH BUSINESS MANAGER
Position Summary: The Church Business Manager administers the business affairs of the Church under the direction of the Pastor. He/She administers the financial accounting processes and procedures of the Church and Family Life Center (FLC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall strategic and operational responsibility for the financial / fiscal operations of the Church.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Church Executive Council and related committees by providing in a timely and accurate manner all financial information necessary for the Church Executive Council and related committees to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity and management of Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, to include submission to the Church a proposed annual budget, monthly and annual financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the church (working in conjunction with the Church Treasurer, Trustee Ministry / Budget Committee).
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll processing, accounts payable / accounts receivable, weekly contribution processing, annual contribution statements and other financial duties as needed by the Church.
- Ensure accountability for the physical property/assets of the Church.
- Ensures bank statements and checkbook(s) are reconciled with the Church Treasurer’s assistance on a monthly basis and made available for auditing by the Trustee Ministry.
- Monitor bank account for fraudulent activities.
- Prepares financial reports for the Pastor, Diaconate Ministry, Church Executive Council, and Trustee Ministry, with assistance from the Church’s Treasurer.
- Reviews insurance policies, contracts, and other legal documents as necessary to ensure the best policy(ies) are in place.
- Responsible for the fiscal management, operating within the approved budget. Ensures maximum resource utilization & maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position working in conjunction with the Church Treasurer, Budget Committee and Trustees.
- Prepares annual Forms W-2s and 1099s for employees and contractors; ensures appropriate forms are submitted to the Social Security Administration, Internal Revenue Service, South Carolina Department of Revenue, and other benefits agencies when due and/or required.
- Serves on the Executive and Church Councils and is an ex-officio member of each committee within the Trustee Ministry.
- Attend all staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Adheres to procedures outlined in the Church’s Constitution and By-Laws.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor, or his designee.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting preferred or six (6) years of experience in the accounting field.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Experience in Church and/or nonprofit administration / accounting a plus.
- Relevant experience in nonprofit management and strategic planning.
- Effective social and interpersonal skills as well as good written and oral communication.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills; good analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suites; operational knowledge of scheduling and like software programs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Physical Requirements, Activities and Working Conditions:
- Sedentary work exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and lifts and carries up to 40 pounds of equipment or supplies.
- Ability to use a personal computer, typewriter, telephone, fax, copy machine and calculator.
- Ability to receive and give complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to bend, reach up, and handle documents as required maintaining filing systems and access bulletin boards.
- Subject to environmental conditions (activities occurring inside/outside of facilities).
- Ability to work independently of others.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
For more information about Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, please visit the Mount Moriah website – www.mountmoriahcharleston.com.
If you want to know more about our ministries, we would love to talk to you in person.